This ones been on the go for quite some time, what with request by other collectors, and the odd one for my own collection. I wanted to keep the original Angel base figurine, but attach a different set of wings, like the ones used in early images of him.
Once the existing wings were removed, it was a simple case to remove the hair, halo from chest, and hide the costume lines with Milliput. The complicated bit was the wings, which I crafted from two bits of plastic, then added Milliput to the wing support to give depth, and bind the two bits of plastic together, plus curve the wings whilst the Milliput set. Once the Milliput hardened, it was sanded smooth, then sprayed silver.
Before attaching the wings I decided to paint the body, which was the fun bit, and quite tricky with all the detail. Used Ultramarine Blue for the base colour, and then applied Warlock Purple for the pink, but decided it was too dark, so changed it to Pink Horror, which is a truer colour. The face is a mixture of Ice Blue, Ultramarine Blue & Skull White.
The devils in the detail as they say, and originally I added shade to the wings, which just didn't work, so used Mithril Silver to hide the shading, which in turn created it's own shade. The Mithril Silver is a different silver to the original spray used. Adding shade to the face was a challenge, without ruining the detail of the costume on the head, but not as much as trying to put in eyeballs, and paint some pesky yellow eyebrows on.
I've made a start on the next custom, which is Lady Deadpool, which could take a while, with all the detail. I will also be starting on Surge, whilst doing Lady Deadpool, which will probably be finished first, not as much detail.